Rowland Publishing Inc., award-winning publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine, Northwest Florida Weddings Magazine and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive pay and benefits. Please apply for the following positions by sending résumé, cover letter and salary requirements using the form at the bottom of this page.
Rowland Publishing, Inc., publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida, is seeking a full-time Publication Designer to work in our Tallahassee office. Duties for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Design magazine-style layouts for client publications
- Assist with editorial layouts for our proprietary magazines and help produce in-house marketing materials
- Develop a cohesive style for client publications — including font selection, color palettes, image treatments, composition and overall continuity of branding
- As necessary, participate in client meetings to provide graphics expertise
- Edit, tone and color correct photos
The ideal candidate for this position should have 2–3 years professional graphic design experience — including some time spent working on publication design. At least one year of experience with the Mac operating systems and Adobe CC is required. Must be an excellent communicator, love graphic design, and should be described by friends as organized, helpful and creative.
Rowland Publishing, Inc. (RPI) is looking for an experienced writer with a passion for print journalism to join its editorial department. The successful applicant will report and write stories for proprietary Rowland Publishing publications (Tallahassee Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine and 850 Business Magazine), contribute to online coverage, join in editorial planning sessions, and serve as a representative of Rowland Publishing at events and community functions. Previous newsroom and/or magazine experience preferred. This is a full-time position at our Tallahassee, Florida, office. Upload resume and clips to the form below.
Rowland Publishing, Inc. is looking for an organized, detail-oriented and deadline-focused individual to join our accounting team. The person in this position must be able proficient with basic bookkeeping/accounting software, specifically including QuickBooks, record payments and make bank deposits, input contract data into the company’s database, assist in the reconciliation of bank statements, run credit card payments and reconcile credit card payment receipts, calculate sales and use tax, and generate regular reports for management and sales teams. This position interacts with clients and staff, requiring a collaborative attitude. There must be the ability to self-check, track multiple tasks and priorities and meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate should have at least five years of experience using Quick Books, with a proven record of accuracy, trustworthiness and analytical ability. In-depth knowledge and understanding of publication/printing processes and workflows is a plus. Position is located in Tallahassee, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for developing and implementing financial and administrative procedures including:
- Payroll: input payroll information and transmit to payroll vendor
- Calculate sales commissions and generate reports.
- Accounts Receivable: prepare invoices, statements and collections letters.
- Consult with CPA regularly.
- Management of the General Ledger
- Assist in generating the annual budget
- Complete financial reports for Leadership Team as needed.
- Maintain neat, accurate and complete files and workspace.
- Account collection: Recommend collection actions and compile relevant documentation; take appropriate collection action (telephone calls, letters) in a timely and tactful way in tandem with the Accounting Assistant.
- Assist with Inventory management and control procedures.
- Respond to staff requests for information in a timely manner
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements, trade accounts
- Other duties may be assigned.
We’re always looking for talented people. Please take a moment to fill out the form below, and we’ll keep your information on file to review at our next job opening.