Rowland Publishing Inc., award-winning publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive pay and benefits. Please apply for the following positions by sending résumé, cover letter and salary requirements using the form at the bottom of this page.
Rowland Publishing, Inc., publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida, is seeking a full-time Art Director to work in our Tallahassee office. Duties for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Designing magazine editorial layouts using Adobe InDesign
- Editing, toning and color correcting photos in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Managing Rowland Publishing library of art assets
- Recruiting and managing freelance photographers and illustrators
- Managing freelance art budget
- Making assignments to freelance photographers, including managing contracts and invoices
- Styling photo shoots
- Attending selected photo shoots
The ideal candidate for this position will have magazine production experience. Must be an excellent communicator, love photography, should be described by friends as organized, helpful and creative. Photography and/or illustration skills desired, though not required.
Rowland Publishing, Inc., publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida, is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to work in our Tallahassee office. Duties for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and editing pickup ads and processing supplied ads
- Develop new ads based on client needs under the supervision of the Director of Production
- Handling a high-volume of daily ad design with speed and accuracy
- Executing supplied layouts based on provided instructions
- Tracking author’s alterations on client projects as assigned
- Proofreading and correcting all ads as needed
- Providing accurate, clear, and timely information on a regular basis
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a minimum degree or certificate in Fine Arts/Graphic Arts with two years experience in graphic design. Additional experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat are also preferred. Basis skills in mathematical reasoning and the English language are necessary.
Rowland Publishing, Inc. (RPI) is looking for an experienced writer with a passion for print journalism to join its editorial department. The successful applicant will report and write stories for proprietary Rowland Publishing publications (Tallahassee Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine and 850 Business Magazine), contribute to online coverage, join in editorial planning sessions, and serve as a representative of Rowland Publishing at events and community functions. Previous newsroom and/or magazine experience preferred. This is a full-time position at our Tallahassee, Florida, office. Upload resume and clips to the form below.
We’re always looking for talented people. Please take a moment to fill out the form below, and we’ll keep your information on file to review at our next job opening.