Rowland Publishing Inc., award-winning publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida, offers competitive pay and benefits. Please apply for the following positions by sending résumé, cover letter and salary requirements using the form at the bottom of this page.
Rowland Publishing seeks a professional to assume a proven account list and to build up market share with our 20+ magazine and digital packages. The ideal candidate should have previous sales and marketing experience, in media preferred (both print and digital), and be willing to go the extra mile to serve our customers well and earn new ones. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, willing to attend events, be detail oriented and have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Must be comfortable handling multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Position is located in Tallahassee, Florida. Base salary, expenses, and an assigned account list offer a starting earning base of $60,000+. Experienced proven professionals only need to apply at using the form below.
Rowland Publishing, Inc., publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, Northwest Florida Weddings and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida, is seeking an experienced publication designer for full-time employment. The ideal candidate should have at least two years of professional design experience and be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign. Mac work environment highly preferred. Must be self-motivated, comfortable handling multiple tasks and changing priorities in a team-first environment, be detail oriented and have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Position is located in Tallahassee, Florida. Competitive pay and benefits offered. Send resume and salary requirements using the form below.
- Build and revise various editorial-style layouts for client projects and in-house marketing materials
- Develop style for publications, maps and projects consistent with client branding
- As necessary, participate in client meetings to provide graphics expertise
- Participate in creative discussions with clients; be prepared to offer creative solutions for design challenges
- Assess priorities and proactively monitor all project deadlines to keep projects moving on or ahead of schedule
Custom Publishing Editor
Immediate opening at Rowland Publishing for an editor with proven ability to assign stories, line-edit copy, write headlines, proof layouts, coordinate editorial workflow and work with clients. This cool-under-pressure wordsmith is integral to meeting and exceeding the needs of our clients while operating in a team-oriented manner with in-house and remote staff. Must like a fast, nimble environment with mission at its core and enjoy collaborating creatively and strategically.
- Attending meetings with clients and planning editorial strategy to meet marketing objectives
- Assigning art and stories to freelancers within budget and working with them to ensure filed art/copy meets goals and comes in on deadline
- Tracking art/story progress through client approval in an online database
- Determining appropriate writers for all assignments and responsible for maintaining a healthy, well-rounded stable of reliable freelance writers
- Writing all display copy — cutlines and headlines — for all stories
- Edit in-house copy for marketing and/or online use
- Demonstrated copy-editing skills: line editing, fact-checking, rewriting, refreshing and proofreading
- Proven collaborative skills
- Detail oriented
- Adept at using new technology
- Proven manager of editorial workflow in a fast-paced environment
We’re always looking for talented people. Please take a moment to fill out the form below, and we’ll keep your information on file to review at our next job opening.